Text: Finding God - Following Jesus
Chapter 1: One True Faith
Chapter 2: The Early Life of Jesus
Chapter 3: The Public Life of Jesus
Chapter 4: Jesus the Christ
Chapter 5: Jesus Lives On
Art Journal - Students will keep a journal of their walk with Jesus. The journal will be a symbolic journey using different art mediums - sketching, painting, collages, photography, color, doodles, or wherever their creativity takes them.
Music- Students will create a musical library of songs which enhance their journey. Songs will be shared throughout the year. Songs are not limited to the traditional catholic repertoire or for that matter a song that has already been written. If the spirit moves to create one's own composition, go for it.
Examen- This is a daily prayer that was practiced by St. Ignatius of Loyola. In this prayer you reflect on your day.
• Relax and become aware of God's presence.
• Give thanks for an experience during the day.
• Review your day - experiences, thoughts, interactions.
• Acknowledge your strengths and face your short comings - What went well and
what didn't go the way you wanted it to go?
• Look toward the day to come - Ask for God's guidance for the new day so that
you can be who you are meant to be.
Below are the standards from the Archdiocese of Seattle for 7-8th Religion. If you want a copy you may down load a pdf of the document.