• In order to get the maximum advantage of instruction homework will be assigned at
least three times a week. Students will be given the assignment to place in their planner.
• All home work will be done in your Math Journal IN PENCIL. Lay out your work
neatly with readability in mind. Show your work so that the problem makes sense so
that when someone looks at your work he/she can get a good idea as to what you are
doing. Do your messy work on scratch paper.
• Have the proper heading on the paper including the assignment pages so that you have
a reference point when you are studying for a test.
• Circle all answers including any required labels .
• The problems assigned for homework will come from the evens. Check your own work for
Remember to follow the Standards for Mathematical Practices -
• Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
• Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
• Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
• Model with mathematics
• Use appropriate tools strategically.
• Attend to precision.
• Look for and make use of structure.
• Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.